Long Island Cares delivers food to more than 580 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, group homes, day treatment facilities, senior nutrition sites and day care centers in Nassau and Suffolk Counties, NY.
These agencies, in turn, distribute the food to their clients and/or serve meals from the food received.
To assist our member agencies, the Agency Relations staff:
- Helps member agencies place orders for food, including pickups and deliveries;
- Offers technical workshops on such topics as grant writing; nutrition, food safety; and networking opportunities;
- Reviews each program for eligibility for New York State Department of Health HPNAP program and USDA TEFAP program;
- Conducts site visits to offer guidance while ensuring compliance with all government contracts and food handling safety regulations;
- Offers referral information and guidance for other community resources.
By offering assistance, information and open communication, Long Island Cares performs a vital role in the growth and efficiency of our member agencies. Interested in joining our network of member agencies? Find out how.